Francis Horizontal Vertical Hydro Power Turbine
1. Brief Introduction
The Francis turbine fills a large gap between the Pelton and Kaplan and it is widely used. They operate in water head from 10 to 600 meters, and are primarily used for electric power generation. Their power output can be calculated from the water head and flow rate and typically range from 10 to more than 700 megawatts. One of the distinct advantages of the Francis turbine with respect to other water turbines is that they can also be used as water pump. This makes them ideal for a pumped storage systems.
This animation shows the operation of a Francis Turbine in a dam. The arrows show the water path and direction inside the dam. The water from the reservoir behind the dam is transferred to the turbine by a penstock. The penstock diameter of a Francis turbine could be as large as 10 meters. The water coming from the penstock is transferred to the inlet scroll, which distributes the water equally around the wicket gates. Water passes through the wicket gates, which controls the amount of water passing through the turbine, before reaching the runner. This in effect controls the power output of the dam. The wicket gates also adjust the angle of the water reaching to the runner.
After passing through the wicket gates, the water reaches the runner. The water pressure forces the runner to rotate. The rotation speed of the runner can be in the range of 80 to 1000 revolutions per minute. The water continues its motion downward under the runner to the exit pipe. The exit pipe discharges the water to the environment as low pressure water.
The turbine shaft of the Francis turbines is almost always mounted vertically. This makes discharge of the water much easier due to the swirling effect of the water in the inlet scroll, and the effect of gravity.
The rotational motion of the runner is transferred to an electric generator shown. The generated electricity is converted to a high voltage current and is transferred to the grid to be consumed.
One big advantage of the water turbines is that power output can be regulated very easily. If the demand is reduced, the amount of water flowing to the turbine can be reduced in a relatively short period of time.
2. Product Paramenters
||100KW to 20MW
||400V, 800V, 6300V, 10500V
||Horizontal or Vertical
||Stainless Steel ZG0Cr13Ni4Mo
||Brushless or Static excitation system
||Deyang Dongsen Hydropower Equipment Co., Ltd.
4. Our advantages
1) We have senior engineering and technical experts, professional hydro-generator design team and installation team
2) Provide complete proposal for hydro power plant from water to wire
3) Abundant foreign power plant project implementation experience
4) Design and manufacture of hydro power generator with voltage 400V, 3.3KV, 6.3KV, or 10.5KV AC three phase
Our main products included:
(1) Kaplan turbine generators series.
(2) Turgo turbine generators series.
(3) Tubular turbine generators series.
(4) Francis turbine generators series.
(5) Pelton turbine generators series .
1) Delivery period
Normally 6 months after confirmation of orders.
We will use wooden box and plastic film to protect the products.
3) What Kind of hydroelectric generator should I choose?
This belongs to customized products. We could design products according to your requirement. All of our products are strictly designed and manufactured under ISO9001 quality management system and TUV, BV.
Please can you send me below parameters, so our engineers could support your project?
Where is the plant?
1. Design head: ___m
2. Design flow: ___m³/s
3. Frequency: 50Hz or 60Hz?
4. Unit Capacity: ___KW；How many kw each unit? How many units?
5. Power factor COSφ:
6. Generator output voltage: __V
7. On-grid or Off-grid type? (On-grid type voltage: ____Kv)
8. M.a.s.l: ___ m
9. Basic situation about the project and your company introduction.